dimecres, 22 de març del 2017

THE FONIX 2017

As many of you probably know, the LOCAL STAGE of The Tenth English Competition for Catalan Schools (THE FONIX 2017) was held in our school between the 12th of January and the 15th of February. The teachers of the Department of Foreign Languages want to give some recognition to the finalists. Only one student per grade could be chosen but they all did a very good job and so deserve to be congratulated. They were the following students:

1ESO: Pau Dickin, Clàudia Ibàñez, Zoe Halac, Joana Subias, Biel Pons, Santi Secchi, Maite Peña and Naila Baixeras. 
2ESO: Helena Gayolà, Marc Dickin, Lluc Perich, Maria Figueras, Laia Domènech, Maurici Bousatta, Ivet Pujiula and Mariona Moret.
3ESO: Olga Miralles, Sara Lorman, Emma Gort, Berta Brunet, Susana Boyle, Carla Viegas and Jan Quintana.
4ESO: Carla Bonaventura, Lydia Boyle, Lara Pons, Carmina Mas, Nina Lemby and Nini Abramia.
1BAT: Antón Brunet, Dani Hernández, Katerina Gort, Montserrat Fàbrega, Carla Rufí, Ona Figueras, Mariona Fernández and Aina Patiño.

Last Saturday 25th February at midday at the UdG Campus Montilivi the candidates representing our school participated on the REGIONAL STAGE of THE FONIX 2017. They were the following: Jordi Baró (1ESO), Berta Roca (2ESO), Anna Benito (3ESO), Júlia Amigó (4ESO) and Júlia Brugué (1BAT).

On the 3rd of April we will know if they qualified for the FINAL STAGE which will be held Saturday 29th April in Barcelona.

Below you can read what the students representing our school thought about the experience. We are very proud of them !
Cristina Sánchez
Professora d’Anglès


THE FONIX by Jordi Baró (1ESO)
Last Saturday 25th of February one person of each level from 1ESO to 1BAT of the high school Jaume Vicens Vives, went to the Fonix. The Fonix is a quiz of English they can go Schools and High Schools of all Catalunya first you have to do an exam in your class and then if you do really well and the teachers want to, you can go to the second pass, the second pass you do another exam in the University of your town, and if you pass, you go to the final in Barcelona.

When I arrived at the University of Girona, I said : Oh my God !! How many people !!!, Then we checked-in and went to the university class, the classes are very big and they are like in the movies.

We took the exam, the exam was so difficult but I think I did very well, when we finished we went outside with our families and teachers.

For my the experience was unforgettable because I was the only student of 1ESO to go and I see for the first time a university class.

MY IMPRESSIONS ABOUT FONIX by Berta Roca (2ESO)
The first person surprised to be chosen to go at “Fonix 2017” was me. On Saturday 25th of February I went to Girona’s Montilivi University to participate at the contest with other young participants.
I took the exam and I was nervous, but everything went well.
It was so exciting saw all of these boys and girls in front of that enormous building ready to start the exam. After it, we were all relaxed and happy.
It’s only a competition, the most important thing is the experience. It doesn’t matter if we don’t win.


FONIX by Anna Benito (3ESO)
Last Saturday 25th of February I went to the UdG to participate in the Fonix. I didn’t want to be late, so I arrived there an hour before the exam started, as it was indicated on the website.

When I arrived, there were plenty of people waiting outside the building talking in groups. Then, we went inside the building and waited for a man to call all the courses.

In my class, we were students of 3rd and 4th of ESO. When we finished, we went outside where our parents were waiting for us.

I enjoyed really much this experience. It was impressive to see hundreds of students of all the province of Girona. The only thing that I didn’t like was that we had to wait a lot until we could sit down.

FONIX 2017: Júlia Brugué (1 BAT)
Last Saturday 25th of February, some students of other levels and I went to the Fonix, an english contest. I really enjoyed the experience. We had to be there an hour before the exam started, everything was really organised. It was such a good experience because it taught me how to manage and organise my time, because you only had 55 minutes to do all the exam.

There were people of all the ages and high schools of the province of Girona, which was quite impressive.

The point of the contest is not winning but the experience!