dissabte, 14 de març del 2015

MY EXPECTATIONS FOR NEXT YEAR

Do I want to be all my life engaged to my parents? No, I don’t. What’s more, I don’t think any teenager wants to live his life according to his parents. We might believe that living with our parents is easier since we don’t pay any bills or clean the house, but the truth is that you won’t start truly living your life until you get your freedom, including doing things on your own, getting responsibilities and obligations in order to challenge yourself.

I have been buzzing to leave home for a long time, I feel I need it very much. I’ve been wondering how it is going to be, what about college? Will I get to know many people? Where am I going to live? Will I feel lonely? However, even if I’m a little scared i know it’s a big step forward in my life. On the last few years everything has appeared to be exactly the opposite of what I always imagined, and you know, after all, it has turned out to be the best for me. Now I know more about myself, of who I am, about my feelings. Now I’m able to identify love, anger, hapiness... and my expectations for next year are to get to know whatever I’m still hiding inside, and finally have a life on my own. I want to encourage people to do it since we won’t have another opportunity as good as this one. It’s time to get mad, crazy and find out what we want and how we want our lives to be.

Although finally getting our freedom can tempt us to do nothing, as well as having fun we will need to be responsible and get obligations because that’s a big part of being an adult. Despite many of you would prefer to avoid this word, “adult”, you are adults now, so you have to act according to it.

Mireia Amorós Trepat

Alumna de 2n de Batxillerat